Our culture & environment
- At SLT, we hold true to the concept of a “family” within the work place, where we strive to bring about a sense of ownership, loyalty and the “family” mentality among all our employees that results in the company and the employees working together to achieve company goals as well as individual career aspirations.
- In working together with our employees as valued partners in our journey, we make sure that they are well taken care of through the provision of a range of benefits and privileges.
- Our work environment is pleasant, modern and environmentally friendly and provides equal access to resources and exposure to the latest technology for all employees. The SLT work environment is also constantly evolving to transform to the changing trends in the industry.
- At SLT, we assure a work environment that is free from discrimination or prejudice of any kind, and we provide support for employees through effective grievance handling procedures and other policies and systems that are in place.
Career progression and personal development
We provide training opportunities for our employees at all stages of their career at SLT. This begins with a special induction training programme when an employee first joins the company and thereafter, they are encouraged to attend training programmes on a regular basis to develop and update their skills. This includes internal training programmes that are conducted on a regular basis by the SLT Training Centre, external training programmes as well as overseas training programmes. We maintain transparent promotion system that provide career progression opportunities at each stage of an employee’s career based on their qualifications, skills and experience in the organization. Performance of all employees are also closely monitored and acts as an incentive to encourage for continuous improvement.
Benefits and privileges for our employees
- Financial support
We provide a range of monetary benefits for our employees including loans, allowances as well as financial assistance schemes for higher education etc.
- Health & safety
Several medical assistance schemes are provided as well as regular health checks for employees under SLT’s annual “Suwatha”programme. A Medical Centre was also opened during the year 2012 at SLT Head Office premises to treat our employees in case of workplace accidents, sicknesses and emergencies .
- Encouraging extracurricular activities
We encourage employees to actively participate in extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural and religious programmes, annual trips, toastmasters meetings and also facilitate the uplifting of special talents of employees to bring them upto national and international levels.